Hot GT6+..continuing saga

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hot GT6+..continuing saga
From: "Beth and Ken" <BethKen@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 18:34:43 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Well, I thought I'd solved it. After removing the radiator (I'll get to
that) I got a good look at the pulley for the first time. The PO had put his
white timing mark at 6 BTDC (the static mark for my car). I had used that
mark to time the car. So, I measured .3 inches ATDC, and put in a new white
mark and retimed the car. Still overheats (yes...I remembered to reinstall
the radiator).

An hour later at the local town fair, I saw the PO with his TR4A. According
to him, it's always (since 1991) run hot..."Into the red zone", but never
overheated as long as he kept running (duh). When he would shut it off it
would always boil over a bit. He accepted this as normal for a GT6. He
suggested I wait until October to drive the car.

Anyway, the radiator is out again. I'm taking it to be boiled and rodded.
Can they (should I) add another row to the core?

ken shapiro
baltimore
Still VERY hot 1970 GT6+ KC81872L