Brake pipes for TR3a

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Brake pipes for TR3a
From: wallaces@superaje.com
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 08:59:41 -500
Listers,
On a tip from Joe Mato (thanks Joe), I contacted "The TR Shop" in England, and
to make a long story short now possess a new set of brake lines made of a copper
nickel alloy (read "no rust"). They are Automec brand, and the kit includes
the crossover pipes for the calipers in case you might have the early ones.
There is a guide to which pipe goes where, with each pipe having a corresponding
number on it. Each one also comes with a nice rubbery cap on the end to protect
the threads of the fittings.
The TR Shop is not web-equipped; I just phoned and gave him my Visa # and a
week later the kit showed up at my door.
There are two features to be aware of:

1. They are not pre-bent.
2. They kit is 31 pounds.

For an extra 4 pounds, I also got the clutch line from the m/c down to the hose.
Shipping by air (to Ottawa Canada) was 13.50, for a total of 48.50 pounds.

I just couldn't handle the price of the Classic Tubes kit, so I'll have to bend
my own lines, but hey.

The TR Shop is at 181 995 6621, fax 181 742 1284. For North Americans, add 011
44 in front of those numbers. Ask for Loukas Louki (hmmm....well, they're not
electrical parts), and while you're at it tell him where you heard about it
and that he should get on the web.

Any questions - fire away.
Regards,
Jim Wallace