RE: TRF comp springs

To: "johnw@wrq.com" <johnw@wrq.com>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Subject: RE: TRF comp springs
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 08:14:43 -0400
Message text written by INTERNET:triumphs-owner@autox.team.net
>From: John Jacobsen-Watts <johnw@wrq.com>
>Subject: TRF comp. springs and your experiences.

>Hello listers!

>I have a set of the competition springs, non-lowered, on the back end of
my
>'74 TR6. I am advised to use the TRF SAH606 mild comp. springs on the
front
>end. Does anyone else have this setup and can you comment on the ride
height
>and front/back height difference if any?
<

I can not answer your question exactly.  I got the Triumph Tune springs
from Moss.
They are the stock (or close) height mild comp springs for the front and
rear.  I also
tightened the rear lever shocks a little and adjusted the front konis as
well.  The
ride is MUCH MUCH better compared to the sagged (and weaker) stock springs.
I restored 2+ inches in the rear and less than an inch in the front.

THe ride height is much better and the ride quality is superb.

This is on a TR4A IRS, which is pretty much the same as the TR6.

-Tony