RE: advertising rip-offs

To: Gbouff1@aol.com, Triumphs <Triumphs@autox.team.net>, vafred <vafred@erols.com>
Subject: RE: advertising rip-offs
From: Gernot von Hoegen <avac@totalise.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 15:12:14 +0100
>===== Original Message From Gbouff1@aol.com =====
>I agree with you wholeheartedly on this.  Nothing upsets me more than when I
>pay extra for something that is presented as a quality product. Only to find
>out that it is the same or less than represented by the "honest" supplier,
>who was upfront about the origin of the product.  Unfortunately I sometimes
>have to use unscrupulous suppliers as they may be the only ones with the
>needed part, but only as a last resort.
>
>Gary Bouffard

sure, on the other hand you can be lucky if you buy a cheapo wheel bearing,
open the box and see its a timken inside...so it seems that suppliers have
different sources as the manufacturer had as well. Look at the 2500S, if you
look close enough its a nice parts bin car with bits from the stag etc...

  Sachverständige für das Kraftfahrzeugwesen
             Rütscher Str.22
               52072 Aachen
                 Germany
Tel. (0044) 0241/159406 Fax (0044) 0241/159972
        Mobil (0044) 0171/5283280