Copper oil gauge line?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Copper oil gauge line?
From: MPRICE@KeystoneSystems.com
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 12:07:16 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
List
As my restoration continues I find that I'm a little disheartened by the
cheesy plastic oil gauge lines that were originally installed. Both the
current project engine and parts car had broken lines right at the point
where the fitting is pressed into the tubing. I seem to recall someone
replacing theirs with a length of copper tubing with a couple of coils to
account for vibration and engine movement. Here's the questions....can the
original fittings be used, and if so can they be soldered to copper? (I
believe they are aluminum.) Different fittings needed? And if so, what size?
TIA
Mark
TR 250s
'58 MGA