My VERY hot GT6+...Solved? I think so

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: My VERY hot GT6+...Solved? I think so
From: "Beth and Ken" <BethKen@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 19:06:26 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Well...it seems it was a DPO problem. My Triumph "guru", Bill Brill
(Chesapeake Automotive Enterprises) took one look at my radiator and
laughed. He said, "Shit...you've got about 1/2 of a Spitfire radiator"! I'd
never seen a GT6 radiator, so I assumed that it was correct. Well, I've got
the correct shell, but it was recored in the past (DPO) shallower than
stock! The core only fills about 1/2 of the shell's depth. It has two rows I
believe...we're recoring it for whatever it will hold (6?).

Also, the carbs will be checked out.

Just today, he "supertuned" it....44 degrees BTDC at 4,000 RPM.
Bill says it's a waste to set timing at idle. It runs like it's....the words
evade me..I had goose bumps the thing was so quick. Can't wait to get it
back next week after he massages the whole car...while awaiting the new
radiator.

ken shapiro
baltimore
GT6+ KC81872L