Re: Body Shell Painting

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Body Shell Painting
From: Geo Hahn <geohahn@azstarnet.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 1999 06:44:21 -0700
> Harrymague@aol.com wrote:
> >
> > Once the car is assembled, then I intend to paint the wheel wells, rockers,
> > and rear the black/undercoating.
>
> If you're planning on the thick Ziebart style undercoating, I'd advise
> not

IMHO, the Rust Check method is the way to go if rust proofing is required.
It's a
clear clinging creeping oil that is sprayed in thru access holes (like Ziebart,
etc) but does not create places that trap moisture and does not hide the
surface.

I expect the seams, enclosed areas and bolt points are where you are most
vulnerable,  The big open areas like wheel wells are usually okay if they are
kept
clean and not allowed to hold a layer of dirt or ice.

Rust Check is a Canadian company but found in many Eastern cities.  No financial
interest but a process worth considering if you are concerned about tinworm.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A