British Car Affair in the Park

To: The Usual Suspects <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: British Car Affair in the Park
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 17:35:24 -0700 (PDT)
Had a good day at the show.  Good turnout, probably more BBC ("big") than
LBCs there, lots of Jags, Bentleys, Rovers, etc.  Also lots of saloon and
"plain" (ish) cars.

Only one TR4 there!  (Mine!)  There was a TR250, in showroom shiny
condition, and a TR3A that burbled up late.  A neat Triumph van (same as a
Standard Atlas van but rebadged Triumph for North American sale).  Quite a
few spits, couple of TR6s, one GT6, and a few (2 or 3) TR7s.

I might post some of the pictures I took sometime soon.

Other cars of note: an AC Cobra replica w/ 427 shoehorned in; '59 Sunbeam
Talbot DHC, Sunbeam Alpine GT gee-that-looks-like-a-little-Roadrunner (and
hey, there's the Chrysler symbol!), Austin 7 that had to be the narrowest
car there, the ubiquitous Almost Mini Cooper S, a *real* Mini Cooper S,
and a Morris Minor pickup truck.  Featured marque for this year was the MG
T series, there sure were some nice examples.

On the way home I saw a TR4A.  Caught red-handed!

Hmm, I appear to be sunburnt... guess I'd better go for a drive :->

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its new home is:
http://www.islandnet.com/~walker05/triumph/trfaq.htm