Oil Pressure Switch on '76 TR6

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil Pressure Switch on '76 TR6
From: "Radley, Jack" <JackR@SHRIVERCO.COM>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 08:11:17 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
I successfully changed my oil for the first time last night.  While
struggling with the filter canister, I pulled the rubber boot off the oil
pressure switch.  On my '76 TR6, there are three flat slide-on connectors
coming off the switch.  Two of the leads to the switch are typical
non-insulated slide-on connectors, and the third is an insulated slide-on
connector.  This third connector, the insulated one is not connected.  Since
my car shows no adverse effects of this missing connection, I did not
connect it.

Does anyone know what this third lead does - is it the lead for the anti
run-on valve?

Should it be connected?

Jack Radley