Re: Where to find Mechanical distributor for triple weber set up

To: DanniJesudowich <dannij@localnet.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Where to find Mechanical distributor for triple weber set up
From: Erik Quackenbush <erik@midwestfilter.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 14:51:26 -0500
At 12:51 PM 9/21/99 -0500, you wrote:
>I need to find a manually adjustable distributor such as the Mallory
>dual point (which I understand does not fit the 250/6 engine)..does
>anyone know of a source in the US for such a distributor? Does anyone
>know if the stock one can be modified..and by whom?
>Does anyone out there have any direct experience with this set-up?..how
>did you solve this problem?

Mallory makes a dual point distributor which fits 6 cylinder Jaguar XK engines.
I'm told by a local Jaguar mechanic who owns a TR-6 that this distributor has
a 'standard English drive' and will in fact fit into a TR-6 . The only downside
is that it has no connection for a mechanical tachometer- you would have to
have your tach converted to electric drive.

The distributor on my PI TR-6 has no vacuum advance or retard and has a
manual adjuster which you can use to advance/retard the timing a little bit
without loosening the pedestal. I honestly wish I had a vacuum advance to play
with. Maybe we can trade? ;{)

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? You could probably just plug up the
vacuum intake on your current distributor and adjust your timing accordingly.

-Erik

--
Erik Quackenbush, V.P. Operations, Midwest Filter Corporation
1-847-680-0566 fax: 1-847-680-0832 http://www.midwestfilter.com