Re: Min specs for TR4 brakes??

To: CarlSereda@aol.com
Subject: Re: Min specs for TR4 brakes??
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 17:38:06 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Tue, 21 Sep 1999 CarlSereda@aol.com wrote:

> Can't find minimum wear specs for rear drums in the books - not in factory or
> workshop manuals. And not sure where I measure the thickness - if I measure
> the open side drum lip I get 10mm or 13/32nds".

Wire-brush the outside of the drum, the number you seek is cast into the
drum itself.

The wear spec is a diameter, you should use a caliper (or an inside
micrometer, if you have one big enough) to decide if you've got enough
metal to turn them.

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its new home is:
http://www.islandnet.com/~walker05/triumph/trfaq.htm