Re: TR6 EGR light

To: "The List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 EGR light
From: "Steve Nabors" <topdown@eudoramail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 19:57:22 -0700
It means you should take it into your local British Leyland dealer for an
emissions checkup.

.....sorry, I could'nt resist.

;-)

Seriously, having a 74 model, I do not have an EGR light(that I'm aware of) but
if its like my '89 Mitsubishi Montero its directly linked to the odometer and
trips off at certain mileage intervals. In the case of my Montero it trips off
every 60K miles and there is a switch under the dash the dealer charges you $50
to turn off(oh yes, and tell you they checked the emission system if you press
them beyond 'we turned off the light and its ready to go').  I do have an EGR
valve on my '74 but no light. I'm considering removing it altogether
though.....maybe a winter time thing. My car is at 53K miles and perhaps at 60K
a light will go off in my head and I will rip it from its hole in the exhaust.
Trace the wire and look for a trip switch somewhere along its path.

:-)