Tonneau Installation

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Tonneau Installation
From: William Hook <wghook@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 09:30:49 +0000
Tom,
This was one of the first things I did on my  TR3.  It wasn't all that
hard....but it was somewhat intimidating.
All that you need is a good single hole punch (destroyed my paper punch doing
this but it worked) an X-acto knife to cut four little slots for the tabs, a
flat screwdriver(to bend over the tabs) and a hammer with a wood block (to
flatten the tabs against the backing plate.  CAUTION be careful not to over
flatten the tabs or you will bend the cap and jamb the springs inside.
Start by zipping it up and laying it in position.   Mark the holes next to the
zipper in front and install the snaps there first.  Then mark and install the
center snaps in the back.  From here you can work your way out to the sides
going one pair of snaps (front and back) at a time.  This worked very well
without any big wrinkles except it would not reach the front outside corner
studs.  I just left that snap off and it seems to work fine.   I have seen
other TR3a covers which have had a small triangle of material added onto the
round corner to reach this stud.
I  later noticed that TRF lists several different Tonneau covers ..and one is
described as having a more squared off front corner.
This corner may not be a problem with your TR.

Good luck
Bill Hook , rookie w/ 57 TR3

> Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 22:37:59 -0400
> From: "Tom Winslow" <tom_winslow@email.msn.com>
> Subject: Tonneau Installation
>

> I just bought one of the Tonneau Covers that MOSS has on sale.
>
> The hardware comes in a separate plastic bag and has to be installed. Do I
> need any special tool to do the installation? Since I have not done this
> before, is there anything that I need to know? I would really hate to damage
> a new Tonneau cover because of my ignorance.
>
> tw
>
> - --
> Thomas P. Winslow

autox.