finished spit4

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "spitfire-enthusiast@egroups.com" <spitfire-enthusiast@egroups.com>
Subject: finished spit4
From: Douglas Hansen <dagger@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 04:10:33 -0400
I just got my  64 spit on the road!  only 9 months!

As far as I can figure from other cars etc... my speedo is about 10mph
off
and when Im on the interstate at about 70 (really 60 I think)  my car
seems to vibrate throughout the entire car.  but when my friends in the
pass seat he doesn't feel it as bad as in my seat. but other than that
Its still
scary to me!
So does anyone have any ideas what the vibs are?

also today; my 3rd day on the road,  I must have hit some railroad
tracks really
hard but my tie rod bolt at the wheel came off!  and boy did the car
drive
crazy! I didn't know what it was until parked soon after in a parking
lot...
good thing I have close Spit friends around here!!!

starting next project soon
doug