RE: Glovebox question

To: "Steve Nabors" <topdown@eudoramail.com>, The List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Glovebox question
From: Gernot von Hoegen <avac@totalise.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 12:37:38 +0100
>===== Original Message From "Steve Nabors" <topdown@eudoramail.com> =====
>My '74 is the same song and dance and the way I got it open was using a
little screw driver(after pushing the button in) to get it open.  This is not
a every day solution though. Therefore, I got a key made for the lock and when
you push in the
>button you can use the key to pull the door open. Later I found out that
earlier models had a little finger pull mounted just below the lock so that it
doesnt take you and some other tool to get the blasted door open. I've bought
one but still have
>not put it on. Like you, I wonder if there isnt supposed to be some spring or
something on the "post finger pull" models. Anyone?
>--
dunno what the secret is but I thought it was the glove box light switch that
was supposed to spring the door open, any how not having a glovebox light
switch(neither a light) I bought one of these chrome finger things but it
won't fit without modifying the door so think twice...

HTH

  Sachverständige für das Kraftfahrzeugwesen
             Rütscher Str.22
               52072 Aachen
                 Germany
Tel. (0044) 0241/159406 Fax (0044) 0241/159972
        Mobil (0044) 0171/5283280