Re: Glovebox question- 6Pack TRials

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Glovebox question- 6Pack TRials
From: "Roger Elliott" <relliott@cjnetworks.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 09:39:27 -0500
The finger pulls were used in TR4's , but by the time of the TR250 they
were removed.  This was part of the make the interior of the car safer
campaign.  They (U.S. regulations) didn't want passengers to impale their
foreheads on the finger pulls.  This is about the time that toggle switches
and interior door pulls got removed and padding got added to the steering
wheels.

Roger Elliott
----------
> From: TRIPHSTEVE@aol.com
> To: topdown@eudoramail.com; triumphs@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: Glovebox question- 6Pack TRials
> Date: Monday, September 27, 1999 1:17 AM
>

> Hello List-
>

> Good question.
>
> The TRF Spare Parts Catalogue suggests a part number for a finger pull.
It is
> 609463, but further indicates it was "not used on TR6 models."  What does

> this mean?  Only used on TR 250's? Or perhaps a useful item, but not
provided
> by the factory?
>
> Moss lists the same item,, but only provides it in chrome, which would
> indicate to me that it was only used on the later TR6 models. My early
TR6
> and my TR 250 did not have a "finger pull" on them at purchase by me.
> However, both were purchased after several modifications were made to
them,
> some of which I am just now discovering.
>
> Any other views?
>
> The 6Pack Trials was a great time. If you have a TR 250 or a TR6, plan to

> join us next year in Rockford, Illinois!
>

> Steve Thornton
> Bowling Green, KY
>

> In a message dated 99-09-27 01:08:22 EDT, topdown@eudoramail.com writes:
>
> <<
>
>  My '74 is the same song and dance and the way I got it open was using a
> little screw driver(after pushing the button in) to get it open.  This is
not
> a every day solution though. Therefore, I got a key made for the lock and

> when you push in the button you can use the key to pull the door open.
Later