Re: Newbie

To: Mike Grew <mikegrew@home.com>
Subject: Re: Newbie
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 23:13:03 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: Scions of Stanpart <triumphs@autox.team.net>, British cars Listserv <british-cars@autox.team.net>
On Mon, 27 Sep 1999, Mike Grew wrote:

Sorry I can't help too much on the Vauxhall windshield, but...

>       My next project is a Triumph Herald convertible.(LBC) The problem is I
>have
> no idea what year it is. The serial number is GB 29124 CV. Does that mean
> anything to anyone?

That would put it around 1966-67. Is it a RHD car, or is the suffix
actually "LCV"? Meanwhile, it is an "export" Herald, undoubtedly with the
51 hp version of the 1147cc Herald engine (basically a Spitfire short
block with a Herald cylinder head and intake/exhaust).

>       The retirement project will be a 1971 TR-6 which I need fenders for.
>Who is
> the most reasonably priced supplier of a set of four fenders.
>       Any info on any of these subjects would be much appreciated! I live in
>the
> lower mainland of British Columbia but don't mind traveling far afield in my
> quest for parts.
>
>                               Cheers!         Mike Grew

I personally can't help much on the TR6 fenders, but I'm copying this
reply to the "Triumphs" list as well. Perhaps one of the many TR6 owners
will respond to that question.

--Andy