Re: A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood

To: "The List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood
From: "Steve Nabors" <topdown@eudoramail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 06:42:37 -0700
 Hhehhe,
Reminds me of when I first bought my TR6. It was running but with a bad u-joint
and a an exhuast leak that sounded like a Harley. I waited a month(nothing
compared to two years) to drive it so I could fix things but in the mean time
I'd crank the engine and let it run for about 20 to 30 minutes every few days
and sit and pretend the rear was squating under a heavy accelleration ;-).
Anyway, once I got the u-joint fixed, I tried to crank it and it turned over
but would not start. Assuming the worst, I got out a timing light to check the
spark, pulled the fuel line going to a carb. Bingo, I was not getting any fuel
to carbs, checked the fuel pump, no gas there either. DUMB PRESENT OWNER
syndrome, your out of gas you idiot. Got it running and that first squat was
very therapeutic.