VTR Fund Raiser Idea

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: VTR Fund Raiser Idea
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 13:28:36 EDT
List,

Has anyone ever suggested that VTR create videotapes and/or hold "live" video
broadcasts over the net for the purpose of technical seminars/forums?

I know that there are videotapes one can purchase on subjects like TR
history, cars of England, etc.  But, what about videos or "live" net sessions
on tune-ups, trans rebuilding, body work, electrical analysis, carb rebuilds,
etc?  I realize that some topics would require the end-user to have certain
tools and skills...and there's always the legalities and disclaimers of
implied results....but, I'm thinking of something like an animated Haynes
manual....watching someone replace a clutch in my Spitfire instead of relying
on the black and white pictures and text.  Heck, I'd pay a few bucks for a
video or two covering certain techy subjects like those.

And...I think I know just the guys to be the actors....now all we need is a
script, some comfortable garage setting, a camera and....viola it's (fill in
your favorite VTR List person here) on film!

Chip Krout
'76 TR6 CF57822U (Being Reborn For Y2K)
'70 Spit Mk3  FDU78512L (Fun Driver)