Re: Gas tank connections

To: "'List - Team.net Triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Winnie Olmer" <who@sover.net>
Subject: Re: Gas tank connections
From: "J.H. Roulleaux" <Jean.Rouleaux@skynet.be>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 21:59:48 +0200
From:                   "Winnie Olmer" <who@sover.net>
To:                     "'List - Team.net Triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject:                Gas tank connections
Date sent:              Tue, 28 Sep 1999 19:36:15 -0400
Send reply to:          "Winnie Olmer" <who@sover.net>

I purchased a used tank for my '72 TR6 from a fellow lister. It has two
small pipes welded to the top of the tank either side of the filler neck.
The tank I removed had only one of the small pipes which had the small
separator tank attached. What was the other pipe on my replacement tank used
for?

Thanks!
Winnie
'72 TR6
'79 Spit

Hi Winnie,
Gas tanks for Pi cars have 2 pipes on top of the tank but both are
on the left side of the filler neck seen from the trunk.The left pipe is
the return from the pressure relief valve,the right one is the return
pipe from the metering unit.The return from the PRV should end up
over a swirl pot, the purpose of this pot is to prevent air to enter the
pipe to the filter at fast cornering with low fuel level.
regards
Jean R
70 TR6 PI
60 TR3A