Re: Help!!! TR-6 Interior!

To: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Help!!! TR-6 Interior!
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 11:47:24 -0400
Cc: "Joseph J Burlein (TR)" <tr6guy@juno.com> charset=ISO-8859-1
Joseph J Burlein writes:

>Hello to all,
>
> I am trying to put in TRF one fits all interior kit without an
>directions:

Joe, I just put in one (from Vickie Brit but they are probably all the
same)
but I had the old pieces to use as a guide.

>     1) How do you get the wheel arch covers to fit correctly?  How much
>overlap is there on the deck and floor?

They don't.  I think they take a bit of streach to fit right.  Next time I
will
use a professional.  I found that the new pieces required quite a bit of
trimming to match the old pieces.  Use a lot of spray adhesive.

>     2) Also, how does the rear door reinforcement piece (the  triangular
>one) go together?  Tucks into the crevice on the outside and down to the
>floor on the inside?  Or does it wrap around the triangular piece on the
>inside?

There is a cardboard piece that supports the vinyl on the outside of the
triangle.  I trimmed the new piece to match the old one with notches
at the corners where it folds over  Then I glued the vinyl to the carboard
piece and when that set up I glued the rest to the inside of support.  This

is probably the part of the job that yeilded the best results.  Until I
closed
my door on the seat belt and cut a hole in it!

>     3) How does the strip covering the edge of the door post suppossed
>to fit?  How much overlap is there?  Is it suppossed to cover all the
>metal so none of the metal shows?

Once again I found the new door trim pieces needed a lot of trimming.
You have to cut a notch to span the point where the reinforcement piece
attaches.

>Thanks to one and all in advance!
>
>Joe Burlein
>72 TR-6
>Melbourne, FL

Not much help.  there's a good reason I'm not an Upholsteror (other than
the fact I can't spell it)

Dave Massey
71 TR6
St. Louis MO