RE: A new arrival: 1980 Spit

To: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>, Tony Gordon <tgordon@saginaw-city.k12.mi.us>
Subject: RE: A new arrival: 1980 Spit
From: Gernot von Hoegen <avac@totalise.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 16:54:29 +0100
Cc: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
>===== Original Message From Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca> =====
>On Thu, 30 Sep 1999, Tony Gordon wrote:
>
>> The car is an unfinished restoration with excellent body/frame (all mechs
>> running, but electrics all over the place!).  To that end, anyone have an
>> idea why the wiper switch will not turn off?  We can get low or high, but
>> not off!  And is there a secret to removing the ignition key from the lock?

as to the ignition key, you might find that  a) there is a wee button that
needs to be pressed to release the key.
b) if there is no such thing as the button, you might find that pressing the
key while turning it will magically release the key.
Am I correct in thinking this is an US or ca model, they tend toi have all
kinds of stupid additions as seemingly customers for nwe cars seem to be
either more stupid than selswhere or more likely to sue the crap out of a
company or both.

HTH

  Sachverständige für das Kraftfahrzeugwesen
             Rütscher Str.22
               52072 Aachen
                 Germany
Tel. (0044) 0241/159406 Fax (0044) 0241/159972
        Mobil (0044) 0171/5283280
Website http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/1048