I.D. Tag on TR6

To: "triumph.mail" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: I.D. Tag on TR6
From: "Adrian Tedder" <teddera@mnsi.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 17:13:16 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Hello to all

I have just received some front panels from a rear ended TR6 that I will be
grafting onto my car.  I am curious to find some information on a small
plate welded to the top of the right hand wheel arch of the new panel.  The
plate is stamped with the number 59481.  The plate appears to be original
(ie. body colour and spot welded) but I cannot recall ever seeing this plate
on any other TR6 I have looked at.  It is certainly not on my 73.  Any ideas
on this plate.  I am familiar with the two plates on the bulkhead.  Is this
just a body no.? and if so what year cars had this type of designation.  Any
ideas appreciated.  I will probably be removing it but would like to know
what it represents first.  Thank you.

Adrian Tedder
73 TR6