surrey soft top questions

To: "'triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: surrey soft top questions
From: "Janssen, Lee K" <lee.k.janssen@lmco.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 1999 04:56:22 -0600
For the soft top surrey top the leading edge of the canvas is held under the
leading edge of the windscreen cap. I've noticed that due to tension on the
fabric that the leading edge seam wants to works its way around so that it
is pointing upward rather than forward. Is this because I have the frame
adjusted too tight or is this a normal feature. Secondly the soft top that I
borrowed (yes I do have some nice friends, specifically Brad Kahler) has a
number of holes in the canvas where the leading edge metal strip goes. They
are about 1/8" in diameter and MIGHT be there to rivet the leading edge to
the canvas material, has anyone else seen this configuration before?
Thanks in advance for the help
Lee Janssen
Sunny Denver CO