seats

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: seats
From: rtriplett@bjservices.com
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 15:29:54 -0500

I am interested in knowing what alternatives to the stock seats some of you
may be using.  The seats in my Spitfire are in sad shape.  The cost of new
foam padding, seat covers, and headrests would be well in excess of $600.
So, I am thinking of alternatives.  Corbeau  has 4 models of their seats
that are in the under $220 category that look really nice.  Has anyone tried
Corbeau seats or any other brand for that matter?
Funny you should mention seats.  I just got mine back from the upholstry shop
where I took my old seats and had new foams made and the houndstooth design
copied.  Even with new head rests and all, it only cost about $400 to redo, so
figure I saved a little, plus didn't have to do it myself.  I think if you look
around you could find a shop to copy them.  I too looked in junk yards but
couldn't find any seats small enough or low enough to fit well.  At the same
time, I had the center console done for $35.