Water Temp??

To: "Spit list" <spitfires@autox.team.net>, "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Water Temp??
From: "N.A. Campiglia III" <spitdrvr@camalott.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 21:27:21 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Listeria,

I've about had it with my water gauge that leaves me guessing as to what the
temp actually is.

Have any of you installed an after market mechanical gauge?  If so, where
did you put the sending unit?(I want to keep the Smiths gauge operational)
I have looked all over the engine block and head but the only place I could
put it would be in the place of the small plug on the rear right side of the
head. There is a plug on the Rt. side of the block but when I pulled it
there was nothing there just a threaded dead end.

I have looked at the "Sport-Comp" gauges that Auto Meter sells and I think
this is what I will go with, an Oil pressure Water Temp combo and I'll put
it where the radio would be.

Thanks in advance
oh...  this is for the '74

N.A. Campiglia III