hard top rear window

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: hard top rear window
From: bill williams <wuffo_97@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 15:23:10 -0700 (PDT)
 i actually have several questions....and since this
is my first submission i appologize in advance if all
this has been covered recently.

1.  i have a factory hardtop for my TR3...the window
is in VERY good condition... i am interested in
polishing it to get some old scratches out... what
could i use to support it while i polish it??... i was
thinking filling a large garbage bag with urea foam
insulation and letting it set in the shape of the
window,,, that way the window is supported...im
TERRIFIED of breaking it..and then again... it is in
pretty good condition... and as we all know.... the
enemy of GOOD is BETTER.

2. any thoughts on plastic polish products??

3. i have the jet mixture screws set all the way to
the IN postion on the 61 TR3.... the carbs are
rebuilt. AND have the CORRECT jets in them... my
problem is... this is the ONLY position that seems to
be just right for mixture,,,,ie when i lift the
pistons in the carb... the idle reacts in the correct
manner...... any thoughts???.. th car runs great...
BUT im sooo used to having about 11 flats out being
the correct mixture,,

thnks in advance to anyone who responds to these..
bill varnum

=====