Late TR6 cylinder heads

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Late TR6 cylinder heads
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 1999 21:30:51 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
I've recently come across an intriguing (but fairly brief)
article on gasflowing six cylinder 2.5 litre heads, together
with some interesting cutaway pics of ports and airflow
graphs undertaken by an independent laboratory here in the
UK. I feel this might provide useful material for a website
providing there is commonality on heads between UK/Rest of
the World and those used on carbed 6's for North America. If
any lister currently has a valve cover off a 6 from about
1973 on, could they check to see if this bears the number
219016? This article relates only to 2.5 litre engines with
head numbers 516816 or 218225 or 219016 and no other. You'll
find one of these numbers stamped on top of the head
somewhere underneath the rocker shaft. In best Triumph
practice, it's not immediately evident. Replies to me off
list please.

Jonmac