Re: Late TR6 heads

To: "Tomislav Marincic" <TomAndKate@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: Late TR6 heads
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 00:23:56 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>

>Jonmac,
>The head from CF23391U (1974 casting marks) bears the
number
>313248. This number is cast rather than stamped, so perhaps
I have not
>located the correct number?

No, it's not a casting mark and my apologies to other
listers who have examined their heads - fruitlessly!
I've just done another check on the three I've got stashed
away. You'll find it stamped on the right front side of the
head between # 1 and 2 head studs. Highly likely it'll be in
need of a rub with a solvent rag before you can read it
easily. It's an area of flat milled cast iron and that's the
# you need. Very likely that many US listers will have
219019 or 218227 or even 516816. Other variations on a theme
will be of interest.

John