Paint Suggestion for Disk Wheels

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Paint Suggestion for Disk Wheels
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 20:08:27 EDT
List,

I just finished painting all four wheels on the Spit and thought I'd share
the results.  After spot testing a few silver/gray colors on scrap metal and
comparing against the (I think period correct) color, I settled on
Dupli-Color "Truck & Van Paint" T229 M Silver.  It's not quite as silver as
other choices but it's also not as dark gray as the period correct
options...sort of in the middle!

I also painted the black plastic center hubs with Rust-Oleam Premium Outdoor
Decor Satin Black #7777....the contrast of the hubs with the wheels and trim
rings is very nice.....will even be better when my new center hub decals
arrive.

Changing the Subject.....the exhaust manifold cement failed me Sat afternoon
after a longer drive....it's only noisy (ticking) until the engine warms up
then I suppose it quiets down because the iron expands...it'll be OK until I
decide what to do next....it was a longshot to expect the cement to work but
evidently some of it got into the crack so it's tolerable....too many nice
days to tear off the manifold now:)

Cheers,

Chip Krout
'76 TR6 CF57822U (Being Reborn For Y2K)