RE: Spitfire Mains

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Spitfire Mains
From: "Randall Young" <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 18:29:56 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Scott :

IMO you don't need to do anything that drastic.  Just be a little extra
careful when re-assembling the mains, to check all the clearances.  If you
find one is a little (or a lot) tight, and another that is loose, then
switch the caps and recheck.  Once you find the combination that gives you
the closest to the same clearance in all bearings, torque them all down to
spec, and make sure you can still turn the crank by hand (rods not
installed).  Then mark the caps yourself.

Randall