LA British Car Meet

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: LA British Car Meet
From: "Frank Crowe" <thecrowes@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 22:02:46 PDT
Haven’t seen any comments yet on the list, so I will take a turn.  Had a
great time at The Greater Los Angeles British Car Meet last Sunday.  A
TREMENDOUS COLLECTION of cars!  Reportedly over 500 British cars there
separated by marque, with a fine collection of Triumphs.  Two TR2’s (that
olive-yellow color with blackberry top as seen in Piggotts book is rather
striking!), five TR3s, and I didn’t count the number of TR4s, TR250s and
TR6s.  Also a nice collection of Hearlds, etc. Can anyone please fill in a
better discription?

Also a massive collection of MG’s, Austin Healeys from Bug-eyes to 3000s,
Morris, Jags, etc. Even a large collection of Land Rovers and even had an
Allard.  You should have seen some of the Bentley and Rolls!  (Obviously
there are quite a few around So Cal, especially some dandy convertibles!)

Summer finally arrived around here in time for the show.  From what I have
heard, LA has had the coldest summer in 34 years.  I believe it - our summer
her has been terrible - most days barely 70.  Over the last few weeks it has
finally warmed up to where it has been very enjoyable, but Sunday was a
little warm (about 98 - but it’s dry heat as they say.)  Have had my TR3 out
more lately than all summer long!

Congrats to all those working to put on the event.  A great show of big and
little britsh cars.
And I bet a lot of them didn’t even leak oil either!

Frank, Carpinteria CA
   ‘59 TR3A