Re: TR250 Overheating Problem/Progress

To: Highway Star <highwaystar@juno.com>
Subject: Re: TR250 Overheating Problem/Progress
From: levilevi@home.com
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 00:23:17 -0600
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, randallyoung@earthlink.net, rgb@exact.com, angelfj@erols.com, Bud_Rolofson@nps.gov
I may have missed some of this thread but have you actually measured the
temp of the water once the thermostat opens up?  If not buy a candy
thermometer and see what the temp is and what the corresponding readout
on your gage says.  Also measure when you're getting the "overheating".
The only other thing I can think of at this point is that you're not
REALLY overheating that the problem is with the sender and or the gage
giving you bad information.

If the radiator was plugged that might be a clue that something in the
cooling jacket might have gotten plugged too.  Pull the sender to make
sure it's clean, if you have a way to check it or a spare to put back in
I'd do that.  Same with the gage.  I assume you flushed the whole system
and not just the radiator.  Right?  If not, flush the whole system but
disconnect the hoses to the heater core so you don't gunk it up.  In
fact you can use those hoses to put in the tee from the flush kit.

Bud Rolofson