Stag auto to OD conversion

To: stag@digest.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Stag auto to OD conversion
From: Lawrence G Miceli <lgmtr6@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 11:09:58 -0400

I am slowly collecting the parts to convert me 73 Stag automatic to a 4
speed O/D box.
I currently have acquired an A-type O/D box (I know a 73 should have a J
type,  but I couldn't find one). Anyway, my question relates to the rear
transmission support. It seems that the type 35 auto box rear support MAY
be the same as the A-type box. I know that the J-type box takes a
different rear mount than the automatic, and this support is both
difficult to find and expensive.

I have posted to my personal web page pictures from the Stag factory
parts manual at http://www.pompano.net/~lgmiceli/manual.jpg      and
http://www.pompano.net/~lgmiceli/auto.jpg
which shows pictures of both setups.  If someone has any experience with
this I would appreciate your comments.
Larry Miceli
Gold Coast Triumph Club
Pompano Beach, Florida