more TR6 clutch and running warm

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: more TR6 clutch and running warm
From: Matt Barre <mbarre@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 12:57:34 -0400
After installing my rebuilt engine and making the TRF summer party - the
ride home was marred by a deteriorating clutch - poor disengagement that
gets worse as the car warms up.  Hydraulics are good - getting at least
5/8" movement at the tranny.  I got all of the pin slop out, checked the
fluid pipe, etc. and finally pulled the tranny back out.

I suspect the heat may be causing the sleeve to hang up a bit on the
tranny snout so I will hone it a bit to get 15 thou...  I am also
ordering the Sachs SAAB pressure plate and the bigger Toyota throw out
bearing.  Have I left anything out?

If this all fails I will try the early model - larger diameter master
cylinder to get more throw at the slave.  Which of the racer suppliers
had good deals on Girling cylinders?  BPNW has the early master for $91.

On the temp:  the car quickly heats up to 3/4 range and stays there with
or without a thermostat.  I realize a freshly rebuilt motor will be a
little tight and may run warm.  Should I be thinking about recoring the
radiator?

Thanks for your thoughts.

MRB
71 TR-6, 80 Spit, 60 TR-3A