Seat Rails

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Seat Rails
From: Ct54531@aol.com
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 17:47:49 EDT

I'm trying to put my seat rails back into some semblance of condition. I've
cleaned them up but I want to separate the rails from the rest of the base
and they won't move beyond a certain point. Is there a trick to this? A while
ago, someone (I think Brad Kahler) told me about a bump/nodule of some sort
that keeps the rails from sliding out but I can't find it. Is it also
possible that the rollers I can see inside are simply rusted tight. I have no
reason to believe these rails have moved in -oh- 15 years or more.
Any help apprectiated as always.

Jim
654A