Re: non lbc: VHS video formats - US vs UK

To: McGaheyRx@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: non lbc: VHS video formats - US vs UK
From: Erik Quackenbush <erik@midwestfilter.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 10:17:29 -0500

NTSC is the format used in North America and Japan. NTSC has 30 interlaced
frames per second (60 hz) and 525 lines. PAL is the format used in most of
Europe and the UK. PAL has 25 interlaced frames per second (50 hz) and 625
lines. SECAM is the format used in France, but because it uses the same 50
hz scan rate as PAL many European VCR/TVs can play either. There are also a
number of oddball formats in use around the world, but I've probably given
you too much information already. ;{)

-Erik

--
Erik Quackenbush, V.P. Operations, Midwest Filter Corporation
1-847-680-0566 fax: 1-847-680-0832 http://www.midwestfilter.com