TR3 SU H6 wrench sizes

To: Triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 SU H6 wrench sizes
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 22:26:42 -0700
Listers :

Having just collected this info for a friend, I thought I'd share it
with the list :

location        Whitworth wrench        Nearest SAE (inch) equivalent
throttle coupling clamp 1/16W                   1/4
fast idle cam bolt      1/8W                    11/32 (ignition wrench set)
float bowl mount bolt   1/4W                    17/32 (if you can find one <g>)
float bowl cap nut      1/4W                    17/32
FB mount stud/nut       5/16W                   19/32 (got mine at Sears)
mixture nut             5/16W                   19/32 (also in SU tool kit)
Damper cap              7/16W                   13/16

Note : I am not sure when the changeover from the stud/nut float bowl
mounting to the bolt mounting occurred.  I believe the stud/nut was used
on AUC 768, and the bolt was used on AUC 878.

If 13/16" is too snug on your damper cap, try 21mm.  That's the only one
where a metric size was close.

Randall
59 TR3A daily driver