Re: valve grinding compound

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: valve grinding compound
From: "Dorothea J. Ochs" <dochs@greenapple.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 21:32:23 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: Mark Milotay <mark.milotay@onthemark.bc.ca>

Lard is used to map the profile of valve contact on the seat.  You still
need to use lapping compound as an abrasive.  A more common lapping
indicator is white lithium lube (instead of lard).  Let common sense prevail
here.  Lard has no abrasives.  Lapping compound is available at any NAPA store.

P.S. Do you suppose Bon Ami might be effective?