TR3A clutch slave cylinder

To: <greentr3@ptd.net>
Subject: TR3A clutch slave cylinder
From: "John Runge" <greentr3@ptd.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 11:53:14 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Hi all,

I'm in the process of getting my TR3A back on the road.
It's been sitting for about 7 years and the hydraulics were pretty bad.
I rebuilt the calipers with stainless pistons without any problems and
working my way back, I pulled the clutch slave cylinder.
Needless to say it was worse than bad.
The open end where the push rod enters the cylinder was filled with a
crystalline
substance that I assume (there's that word) is a byproduct of leaking brake
fluid (fluif, in other tongues).

The big question is:  How do I get the piston out? I have tried with
compressed air.
My guess is that it's filled with that same stuff as the open end was.

Any ideas?

Help!

TIA

John