Battery question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Battery question
From: Dick Dell <rddell@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 15:28:09 -0400
Over the years I've been lucky enough to collect some of my favorite cars.
Most were not running or barely running when I got them so I didn't spend a
lot of money, just a lot of time.

Well, OK, I spent a lot of time AND a lot of money. But they didn't cost
much to buy, just to fix.

My problem is, with several old sports cars what should I do about
batteries. The cars all run, and are driveable, but I don't have time for
all of them. I drive them as much as possible to keep all systems in good
shape, but sometimes months go by between chances to drive them. They're
all in a big garage, not a museum, more like a used car lot with a roof.

But under those circumstances batteries go dead. I have gone through a LOT
of batteries over the past 30+ years of British car ownership and my
personal experience is that the Interstate battery in any form is the best.
Interstates seem to be able to survive the deep cycling better than any
other battery that I've owned. But eventually even the Interstates give up.
And when they do they are probably two or three times the cost of the
cheapest battery out there.

So what does everyone out there with similar problems do? Buy the best or
buy the cheapest?

Dick Dell
Raleigh NC

'54 MGTF