Looking for seats for TR2/early TR3

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "British Cars" <British-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Looking for seats for TR2/early TR3
From: "Mark Gendron" <mister_toad@email.msn.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 1999 10:20:36 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
A few months ago, I made a plea for a pair of early-style seats for my TR2.
Quite a few people
responded, but one-by-one I determined that they had later-style seats. So.
. .I am renewing my plea.
Does anyone here have a pair of early seats that they are willing to part
with? Upholstery condition
is not an issue, as I will be re-covering them. But I do need early-style
seats, as the frame profile is
different. The early seats can be identified by their vertical pleating on
the backs, and front/aft pleating
on the seat cushions. The later seats have horizontal pleating on the back,
and side-to-side pleating
on the seat cushions.

I will buy outright, or trade a pair of servicable late-style TR3 seats
(black upholstery, white piping).
These need re-covering (some split seams), but can be used as-is if you
don't mind the looks.

Thanks
-Mark Gendron
 1954 TR2 TS2571L