TR4A shift lever boot?

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Subject: TR4A shift lever boot?
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 20:18:14 -0400
I have a question.  What is the proper shift lever boot for the TR4A.
Piggott is silent on this issue.  In the one identifiable photo in the new
book,
he shows a boot with a square footprint.  It LOOKS like the only boot
listed for the 4A
by Moss is a round boot.    Which is _correct_ round or square (or maybe
both)?

Does anyone have a good photo of a round and/or square one fitted to the
4A.

Currently I have a vinyl boot similar to the 250-style on my 4A, and I
think
I might prefer more of the chrome shift lever exposed....  I have a round
boot
ready to go....

-Tony