Toluene availability

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Toluene availability
From: Lee Daniels <DANIELS@alchem.chem.tamu.edu>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 16:04:48 -0500
Cc: DANIELS@alchem.chem.tamu.edu
>There has been considerable concern over the levels of Toluene and Benzene
>used in Unleaded Petrol here in the UK,  [...]  I am very surprised that
>this kind of stuff is available over the counter....

Here in the Empire of Texas, toluene (sometimes labeled as "toluol") is
still available in gallon cans at some hardware stores.  Got my last one at
(Furrow/Lumberjack/PaylessCashways) for about $18.00.  They also sell a
"green" version that is supposed to be a toluene substitute --- but don't
use this one as an octane enhancer!

   Lee M. Daniels         Laboratory for Molecular Structure and Bonding
   daniels@tamu.edu                                 Texas A&M University
   '74 TR6                                  http://acs.tamu.edu/~lmd1191
 Your Home Is Your Castle --- so, Automate It! http://www.automate-it.com