Online parts suppliers (relevant to US listers only)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, 6 Pack Digest <6packlist@mfasco.com>
Subject: Online parts suppliers (relevant to US listers only)
From: Tony Gordon <tgordon@saginaw-city.k12.mi.us>
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 1999 19:29:56 -0500
Folks,

I have looked on the odd occasion for an online part supplier, and today in
a fit of boredom/need for a suspension bit for my son's Spitfire, decided
to see if the "go' ol' US of A" had caught up with Rimmers in the UK.
Well, in a way it has, although you will have to plough thro' the usual
stuff you see the guy at NAPA, Advance, and so on, type in.

However, you will discover that a lot of everyday parts are available
online for Triumph models, and some are very attractively priced.  And as
an added bonus (for the moment) one supplier offers free UPS shipping (so
no sales tax, and no shipping ... what a deal!).

The following addresses should get you to a few of tbe suppliers:

http://www.wrenchead.com/ (this is the site with the free shipping)
http://www.cskauto.com/ (has a lot of small TR6 parts at good prices)
http://www.carparts.com/
http:/www.discountautoparts.com (seems to be limited on chassis parts front)

I have no connection with the above, and apart from placing an order with
one of them, I cannot tell you about the quality of the service or parts
just yet (but if they aren't good, you'll know pretty quickly!).

As a US-based web user, I welcome these new players to our "list" of
suppliers, but wish that the US-based big three would get their act
together so that web based ordering was as simple as the service offered by
the above (and Rimmers, although there, you get hit by the shipping costs).
 The best US-offering has me ploughing thro a well produced PDF document:
that ain't going to cut it in tbe world of eCommerce.

Tony
Midland, MI