Re: 74 TR6-Gas Gage and Temp Gage

To: Steve Nabors <topdown@eudoramail.com>
Subject: Re: 74 TR6-Gas Gage and Temp Gage
From: Mike Mason <mmason@lindenwood.edu>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 15:01:43 -0600 (CST)
Cc: The List <triumphs@autox.team.net>

This was also the case on my 73 when I purchased it.  I finally got all
the other guages to work but those two.  After I had checked the wires, I
replaced the voltage regulator and the temp guage promptly came to life.
The gas guage still did not move, so I figured it was broken.

I ran up to the corner and promptly ran out of gas.  THEN I figured out
why the gas guage wasn't reading anything...Duhhh

I am sure others have said it, but after checking the wires, replace the
voltage regulator ( and check the gas manually!!)   ;-)

Michael