Re: exhaust

To: emanteno@attglobal.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: exhaust
From: SpitRacer9@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 00:10:55 EST
In a message dated 99/11/09 8:42:53 PM Pacific Standard Time,
emanteno@attglobal.net writes:

<< >Yes the dual pipe system will fit without problem.  Whether or not it adds
 >more power that is still a debate.  Most racing data shows that one large
 >pipe will give more top end power than multiple pipes.  As far as the stock
 >systems go I'd say it really didn't ad that much considering that power
 >decreased as the TR6 went further into it's production.

 While it is true that the power decreased on the later TR6's, the dual
 exhaust was one of the items added to the car to try and recover some of the
 hp and torque lost due to emissions tuning.

That was the point...how much could it have added...the emissions equipment
and tuning didn't rob that much power.

Aaron