Re: Help needed: TR6 door seal fitting

To: levilevi@home.com
Subject: Re: Help needed: TR6 door seal fitting
From: Tony Gordon <tgordon@saginaw-city.k12.mi.us>
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2000 23:28:19 -0500
Cc: "Bob Danielson" <75trsix@snet.net>, tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor), triumphs@autox.team.net
Bud,

I have now learned a little more since my first reply, and thought I'd wrap
this up for all concerned.  Your excellent set of photos, and verbal
descriptions from other listers (thanks to Dick Taylor and Bob Danielson)
made me aware that the sealing system is in fact a 2-piece affair.  There
is a fuzzy seal that runs all the way the round the door and up the screen
pillar, and there is a rubber "O_" shaped seal that fits to the pillar and
follows the fuzzy seal down to the level of the door light switch.  You can
see the 2 distinct seals in photo 002.

My fuzzy seal had been chopped off at the door level (instead of continuing
up the screen frame as shown in your photos).  The location of the "O_"
shaped rubber seal becomes easier to figure once you know the above!  It
fits behind the fuzzy seal with the O-side out.  Consensus is that it's
fixed with contact adhesive!

So I'll need to get a set of "full" fuzzy seals in the near future, but in
the meantime, I can follow your photos and Dick Taylor's directions and fit
the rubber bits and hopefully cut down at least some of the draught round
the screen!

Thanks to all involved,

Tony