Re: TR6 CLUTCH REPLACEMENT

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 CLUTCH REPLACEMENT
From: Trmgafun@aol.com
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2000 18:42:46 EST
Cc: Vsnively@aol.com
Hi,

A local well known and respected shop relines clutches using asbestos.  Other
than Kevlar, asbestos supposedly handles the heat and wear much better than
the current day materials being used.  When I replaced my TR6's clutch last
year, I bought a B&B arrangement from one of the British car parts suppliers,
but if it proves to be short lived, I'll give the asbestos a try.  My other
British car has a rebuilt clutch with the asbestos material, but it's too
early to compare.

Scott Helms
Northern Indiana

In a message dated 1/2/00 4:18:24 PM US Eastern Standard Time,