Re: Spitfire4 Driveshaft available

To: "T. R. Householder" <trhouse@greenapple.com>, jmwagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Subject: Re: Spitfire4 Driveshaft available
From: larry hooven <dirty_howi@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 09:26:37 -0800 (PST)
Cc: fot@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
true technical term is "cob's knob" from the man who invented it...mr. cob.

--- "T. R. Householder" <trhouse@greenapple.com> wrote:

> Thanks!!!! I needed to know that. Many moons ago I worked in the glass
> industry. (quality control) We tested those things by the thousands.
> (The one concept using reflectors in these things). Great job we glued
> them to bricks .. put them in the freezer ....wait 2 hours..... pull 'em
> out ....hit'em with a rubber hammer....repeat till failure... a real
> technical marvel.... nice to know what they got called.
>
> jmwagner wrote:
> >
> > Don't have 'em here in Los Angeles... but in Texas... and Florida...
> > they're everywhere...  road-warts are those plastic half domes... bigger
> > than a softball... glued to the pavement... to designate lanes, medians,
> > etc...
> >
> > NOT a motorcyclists' best friend...   nor a car's alignment buddy...
> >
> > --Justin
> >
> > T. R. Householder wrote:
> >
> > > Ok so What's a Road-Wart?????

=====
larry (I hope someday to Drive my triumph) hooven 1979 spitfire fm99248u,
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/9311/index.html
"Second place is just the first loser"   -John Force
"A postitive attitude may not solve all of your problems, but it will annoy
enough people to make it worth the effort" - herm albright
http://im.yahoo.com